A fun breakfast egg treat!

I had the most relaxing time I've had in oh a year maybe!? when I went to a Kohl's I finally discovered nearby and got for like half price what they call an Egg Bite Tray; from https://www.kohls.com/product/prd-3369230/food-network-pressure-cooker-accessory-silicone-egg-bites-with-lid.jsp :
This shows how it looks inside the electric pressure cooker. I used mine differently than the recipe that comes with it; here's my recipe...


My Egg Bites
Made using Food Network-Kohl's silicone Egg Bite Tray, found in their electric pressure cooker area, and a 6-quart (or larger) Instant Pot. You can adapt this to another electric pressure cooker….and I'm sure other flavors and such ideas will work nicely too!...FYI Kohl's site says the tray is safe to 375 in an oven, so one could also adapt this to an oven, placing it on a rack placed in a pan with water…

I found it marvelous to put these together the night before, everything before actually cooking. If you don't do that, it may need a little more time (maybe 1 minute) to cook if you like me are using frozen vegetables.

There is no need to oil or anything.

Put into each egg cup
         some frozen mixture of onions and sweet peppers
Mix well together in a shallow biggish bowl with a fork
         3 eggs (if yours are not large but medium or smaller, use 4)
         salt and pepper
         about 2 Tbl whole milk
"Spoon" the egg mixture into each egg cup; I found a round ice cream scoop worked great, because it wasn't too huge but would hold the goopy mixture well. I had to do more than one scoop each, though. The manufacturer recommends going no higher than ¾ up the sides at this point.
Top each with
         whole black olive
         mozzarella shreds

If you're putting these together the night before, put on the lid and refrigerate. I also put out my Instant Pot on the counter ready to plug in, with the rack inside the pot, plus a measuring cup for the below water ready. FYI, I found it took about a half hour total for the egg bites to be all ready in the morning; it wasn't too bad, because it takes probably 20 minutes to make my coffee and say toast my bread anyway, so I started the egg bites first and kept going.

Put the Instant Pot's rack on the bottom of the pot. Note if your electric pressure cooker's rack does not have handy handles on the sides to lift out the egg bite tray, you may want to rig up something with foil or string, because it will otherwise be awkward to get out the hot tray…
Pour into the pot (because you're going to be steaming these really, though at pressure)
         1 cup water
Remove the lid if you had it on, and put the egg bite tray on top of the rack.
It works best if you can cover the egg bite tray with something that will hold up in the cooking but protect the eggs from getting watery (though I think it will work anyway, à la poached eggs); I used a shallow small stainless steel cake pan with the flat side against the egg bite tray. Baking parchment may also work, but I didn't try that yet…(Apparently the lid that comes with the egg bite tray is not heat-safe.)
When you're ready to cook, set your Instant Pot to cook at LOW pressure for 6 minutes. (Of course follow the instructions for your own Instant Pot. In mine, I pressed Manual then Pressure Cook and any arrow buttons to make it the right pressure and time.)
Turn off the Instant Pot.
Let the Instant Pot sit for 10 minutes.
Then if necessary release the pressure manually (my pressure was completely down already).
Remove the lid.
Take the egg bite tray out carefully. Set it on a dinner plate as it will be rather wet underneath.
Let it sit 5 minutes.
Then just turn the egg bite tray over onto another dinner plate; they should just slide out!
Enjoy!