How I'm dealing actually retro-ly with current challenges

I'm not young and all that enough to go out to get my own groceries, my old service is horrendously dirty nowadays, and yikes there has been horrifying crime in my area by at least one local delivery man.

So guess what, I'm having food delivered by UPS and FedEx. I tried meal kit services again after fiascoes of years ago, but they still didn't work for me. But I'm so excited -- I've found 4 that seem to work at the moment, and which are so good, and of course I'm so grateful to them, that I might continue them When Things Are OK Again! That's even more likely because I realized goodness I'm spending the same or less on food, and it's ever so much easier! My choices, available where I live in the USA (updated in July):

very basic foods like olive oil, grains, and I must admit sugar: Target

milk and eggs: a local milkman (yes, I am very lucky to have that possibility -- though my milk arrives at 3:30 am and greatly excites the cats who feel it necessary to come jump on my bed so I know creamy goodness they can't even have has arrived!)

(um, I did have a good fruit source but they started using dry ice rather carelessly and it made me sick)

(and I did have a good fresh vegetable source but they started having the opposite problem, having no chilling, so almost everything spoiled)

(so I'm looking into other options!)

Of course grocery delivery was extremely MORE common (at least pre-pandemic) say a century ago, wasn't it...though wasn't ordered online of course.