A homemade chocolate bar!

My current pandemic-time food suppliers don't carry chocolate boohoo, but then I found out how to make my own, and I adore it!!


homemade chocolate bar!!!

Stir together eg with a silicone spoon:
         ¼ cup cocoa powder (your favorite one; not Dutch process if possible which has a weird aftertaste and anyway has gotten rid of antioxidants)
         ¼ cup coconut oil at room temperature (I actually prefer for this a coconut oil that isn't super coconut-y in flavor, such as Whole Foods brand; but if I were going to make this a coconut chocolate I would use my favorite, Vitacost brand, which is nicely coconut-y) (note if you have coconut butter which is just a version of coconut oil that's a bit harder you may want to try it – I haven't – for a bit harder chocolate bar)
         1 Tblspn or a tiny bit more honey
         ¼ tsp vanilla extract

Spread out a bit on a piece of waxed paper large enough to fold over generously. Then fold over to cover and press out until pretty thin (maybe 1/8"). Score it a bit on top of the wax paper top with a table knife if you'd like.

You could even decorate it a bit at that point (with decorative scoring or, with the "lid" off, things like a few nuts and/or dried fruit and/or coconut).

Be sure it's covered nicely in its paper and refrigerate at least 3 hours.

Unwrap and break apart and store with the same waxed paper torn apart keeping the layers separate. You'll probably have to keep it in the refrigerator.

Much adapted from eatbeautiful.net; they have a nicely detailed alternative I haven't tried that uses cocoa butter if you can source that. But I adore this; it tastes just like the chocolate bars I normally get but costs a fraction of their price! inc that it does not require those expensive moulds (which may not work great with such a thick "batter" as I think they're designed to pour in the chocolate).