I may actually be somewhat current

I read in (well, last month's -- hmm, make that May's since I actually am writing this post a little early) Food and Wine that "re-creating the culinary past is a growing trend worldwide..."

They say it is "inspired in part by star chef Heston Blumenthal, who researches recipes at The British Library and serves them at his restaurant Dinner." They speak of food historian Mariana Kavroulaki who "has produced banquets for The Archaeological Museum of Delphi."

Dinner has a marvelous website! http://www.dinnerbyheston.com/ -- where I learned how electricity changed mealtimes! Of course it was easier to have the biggest meal, which had the most prep, when it was daylight in order to work!

I adore how he labels his dishes by their year! A small sample from that site: