I Heart Cooking Clubs: Cheerio, Nigel Slater!

This is my first time on this new food site (rather than my old one which doesn't exist any more, pending future incarnations, as is my wont! with blogs that is!) posting with the really really nice people -- and good cooks -- over at http://iheartcookingclubs.blogspot.com/ -- I made an extremely easy dish from Nigel Slater's book Real Fast Food. It's from his fish chapter, his "Anchovies on Bread," though you can't see the bread -- as usual he was right, and I should've just assembled everything on the bread rather than make a pretty platter of the ingredients first...


I loved his advice in the recipe's intro "It is worth remembering that something like this stands or falls by the crustiness of the bread and the flavour of the tomato." Actually, this recipe taught me that though the farmers are still saying tomatoes are in season in this area, they're not tasting like they do in high summer...

This is I Heart Cooking Club's last week with Mr. Slater, so they're posting any recipes of his they wish to use this week rather than having a super specific theme; coming up is a cook who is new to me, Diana Henry -- I very much look forward to discovering her. Hopefully I'll be able to join these lovely people more often, though I might not be able to -- but it's very much worth checking out their site even if you're not cooking with them.