A cute little Bundt pan!

November 15, 2019
Happy National Bundt Day! I always found Bundt cakes waaaaay too huge for the little sugar etc we eat in this house, but then I discovered this while looking at the fun egg bite tray I talk about at https://favoritefoodthisweek.blogspot.com/2019/11/a-fun-breakfast-egg-treat.html ; it's a cute little Bundt pan! www.kohls.com/product/prd-3369270/Food-Network--Pressure-Cooker-Accessory-7-in--Fluted-Cake-Pan.jsp . (You too have probably also seen the really mini Bundt pans, made all in one bigger pan like cupcakes, but I wanted something that was larger than individual size...)


I'm using mine in an oven, which the package clearly says you can. Just take a normal Bundt cake recipe you like and divide the recipe to fit the size of this pan (pour water into the pan and then into a big measuring cup to find how many cups). You'll also have to adjust the time (down) to bake it.

BTW, it says it's nonstick, which I don't usually adore, but this seems to me to be hard anodized aluminum, which does not have the health concerns of either nonstick nor aluminum. But I could be wrong.

And what recipe will I try first? (Forgive me if my lack of experimentation so far is frustrating, but I wasn't sure how long this pan would be available on the market...) I'm finding that my homemade biscuit mix is making it extremely easy and fun to make as-healthy-as-possible breads and desserts; I use it for recipes like I see at https://www.bettycrocker.com/recipes/cranberry-apricot-coffee-cake/50829274-9f7a-4dc1-a636-e4b72a679fee  and https://www.food.com/recipe/blueberry-bundt-cake-380155 . I think I've shared that before on this site, but since the search doesn't work great here, I'll re-post it...