Breads You Bake...with Yeast, 1951? 1959?

This isn't the best yeast bread cookbooklet ever -- maybe it's too short to be that -- but it has some nice basic recipes with different toppings or fillings to give variety. I love having lots of options when I have a bowlful of yeast dough to use. And bowls from this book will be big ones -- the book features a bread recipe that makes 3 loaves, with instructions on doubling it for 6 loaves!


Unfortunately my copy of this booklet is missing a lot of its back page, which looks like where they had their publishing date. Let's see, it's also hole-punched with 5 holes, apparently for something Betty Crocker offered her patrons. I see that professional sellers are dating this 1951. Amazon has it as 1955, but the General Mills logo the booklet still has looks older than that, however, to me -- though it's not on an online collection of logos....

I'm seeing other 5-hole-punched booklets by her of Cake Mix Magic and Frankly Fancy Recipes, but not a mention if this was an actual series she released. It would have made a fun series, with such enthusiastic titles....

A wonderful site I just discovered at http://www.friktech.com/crock/crock.htm mentions a quite empty ring binder from the late 1950s, and also speaks of several 5-hole-punched booklets like mine, including that Frankly Fancy one which is dated 1959 here, AND the yeast bread one I have. Perhaps they were meant to be placed in that binder. Um, probably not; the sellers on Abebooks who mention it at all say there are only 3 rings. (Speaking of binders, my 1950 Betty Crocker's Picture Cookbook's rings are perfect for me to slip in this booklet with its yeast bread chapter.)